Silent Hill 4 : The Room Silent Hill 4 : The Room

I can definitely see this track in a thriller game! Some badass scene where you have to run away from all sorts of evil shit, or a chase that leads you into an epic boss fight! I can really hear the SH influence in this track!!

neyus99 responds:

Success!! Glad it sounds like it : ]

everything i know everything i know

Im no expert on mastering and eq'ing, but maybe a compressor and soft clipper would fade the vocals a little more into the song and not have it so overpowering. Overall, I really enjoyed this track :) But in my opinion, I think with your voice you should try going more along a punk style rather than (i guess it kinda sounds like,) limp bizkit stlye with your lyrics. Again, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this track and appreciate all the effort you put into it! I just think the punkish avenue mixed with the dubstep may hold some interesting results for you guys :) I'm gonna keep my eye on you, I like what I am hearing!

Poniiboi responds:

Word. Thanks for a detailed review and giving ur opinion in a positive way. This was a good review and I appreciate your feedback.

The whole "new punk vocal" thing is something I'm experimenting with. You'll definitely hear that on something in the future.

Mostly So Mostly So

That drop was sick, nasty, and heavy as FUCK. IMO it just took a little too long to get there, but that just me. Enjoyed it, keep it up!

Ds Beat 2 Ds Beat 2

What samples are you using for the percussion??? This really sounds great! As you have already said, variations in the hi-hats are needed, but save for that, this track sounded very smooth XD I like the drop at 1:40, where it goes to just the beat and violins. You brought it back pretty smooth too. Very nice work! I am going to keep my eye on you!

Unorthodoxbeats responds:

Bass drums also Hi hats are from JayDee Kit, Clap+snare is from KlubKlapz with some reverb
then I just got some random Snare Drum not sure where it's from but you can get some nice snare/drums from the Lex Luger Drum Kit

DS Preview 01 DS Preview 01

Im def. feeling the hi-hat pattern you got going on. The synths blend nicely together, and give the track a good direction! Sounds like something you would hear in a game or short scene in a film. Nice work! My only issue is that it stops too soon and doesn't vary much at all. Keep up the good work!

Unorthodoxbeats responds:

Thanks ya the reason why it's doesn't vary too much is because it's actually a layout for a rapper to go on.. This was actually passed to Ace Hood so we'll see if he uses it or not.

Again it's just a preview so it's for the general vibe of the track

Icy Icy

Very chill

This track is pretty relaxing :) Not very dynamic, but overall the song was still enjoyable. The beat was pretty nice as well, nice and relaxed along with the rest of the song, so it wasn't out of place :) Sorry it took so long to leave a review, been kinda busy. Keep on makin music! The more you make, the better you will become!

Alex1228 responds:

Thanks for the comment :D

MrMeD - Shattered MrMeD - Shattered

Pretty good :)

The side-chaining is very nice in this piece :) Although, in the beginning, I feel it could have perhaps used some pads in the background in the beginning to help raise anticipation right before the bridge. Other than that its a pertty chill song. Definitely something I could get down to towards the end of the night as the party is starting to wind down. Pretty nice piece.

9/10
5/5

keep it up!

The Tigers - LoveKavi The Tigers - LoveKavi

wow this is sick.

i love the ethnic feel to this! I can really picture this beat either in a movie or on the radio!

Buried Beneath Snow Buried Beneath Snow

that intro is sick

hey man, what are you using to compose all this?? im purrty damn curious. oh, and on a more relevant note, the whole song is pretty beast.

Smackster responds:

Fruity Loops 8! I'm still pretty new to it, I'm using mainly stock sounds with a couple effects thrown in. Thanks for the review man, always appreciated.

Sporatic Intervention V2 Sporatic Intervention V2

this is pretty sweet as it is.

but if it's transitions you are looking for, use the reverse crash!!!!!!!! A classic techno transition tool, and with so many different reverse crash samples floating around the internet, it shouldn't be too hard to switch it up. A nice long sample to create a short, but somewhat dramatic build into the next melody, or a shorter sample to say "hey you, that was kewl, now check dis shit here"

lol at least thats what i do anyway. Im not really suer if this songs needs em too much. i think its pretty sweet.

anyway, hope this helped even a little lol. haven't wrote any helpful reviews like this in a while.
keep it up!